Keeping this system clean is critical to optimal health and longevity. Here’s why:
- It is both a detox system and nutrient delivery system, and the home of the immune system. Life cannot exist without it.
- Any proteins and fats that are too large to enter the bloodstream go undigested into the stomach and small intestine and are picked up and processed by the lymphatic system. This is directly linked to weight gain.
- It drains waste from every cell and organ in the body, including the heart and digestive system.
- It provides an immune detox defense for any toxins passing through the intestines, skin, respiratory tract and more.
- It drains 3 pounds of plaque and other toxins from the brain each year.
The weaker your lymphatic system is, the more likely you’ll have a weakened immune response. As COVID-19 variants persist and with the arrival of flu season, it’s important to make supporting your lymphatic system part of your health and wellness routine.